ATEX Beacons – Hazardous Area Beacons ATEX IECEX Zone 1 & Zone 2
ATEX Certified For Zone 1 & Zone 2 Hazardous Areas – Explosion Proof
Eaton MEDC range of ATEX beacons, including flashing, steady-state indicators and rotating units, provide solutions for potentially explosive and harsh environmental conditions. In an emergency situation in a potentially explosive environment or hazardous area zone it is paramount to have an effective warning system that you can depend on.
The ATEX beacons may be used to warn of potential hazards or indicate the status of plant items, gas and oil leaks and evacuation alerts.
The signals can be operated as stand-alone units or be incorporated into a wider system, such as a fire panel. Many of the hazardous area beacons can also be customised with a choice of lens colours and can be painted to customer specification.
The majority of Eaton MEDC ATEX Beacons have a minimum IP rating of IP66, with the many also including IP67, and can be certified to one of our worldwide accreditations, including ATEX approvals for Zone 1 & Zone 2 and IECEx.
Eaton MEDC offer a range of LED beacons, which have the added benefit of low energy consumption, an increased lifespan and an option of flash patterns.
High-specification explosion protected audible and visual signalling devices (beacons and sounders) for fire and gas detection in industrial onshore, marine and offshore hazardous locations – with integral flameproof Ex d enclosure (ATEX & IECEx approved). Intrinsically safe, explosion proof and flameproof alarm horn sounders, loudspeakers, beacons, strobes and call points are available.
ATEX, IECEx, UL, cULs, FM, Ex EAC, ANZEx and INMETRO certified signalling equipment.
Zone 1 & Zone 2 Beacons
The Eaton MEDC hazardous area beacons are offered with global ATEX, IECEx, UL and GOST approvals.
- MEDC LD15 – high output LED beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC SM87HXB – 5 Joule Xenon ATEX beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC XB11 – 5 Joule Xenon ATEX beacon ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC XB9 – 5 Joule Xenon ATEX beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC XB15 – 5, 10 & 15 Joule Xenon ATEX beaconsex d, weatherproof
- MEDC XB4 – 21 Joule Xenon hazardous area beacons exd(e), weatherproof
- MEDC XB12 – 21 Joule Xenon ATEX beacon ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC Experline – ex e explosion-proof LED light
- MEDC XB8 – 0.5 Joule Xenon ATEX beacon ex ia (intrinsically safe), weatherproof
- MEDC dsLB 20 LED – ex de ATEX beacon LED
- MEDC TH12 – rotating ATEX beacon ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC SM87 LU1/LU3 – steady ATEX beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC FB4 & FL4 – steady hazardous area beacon exd(e), weatherproof
- MEDC FB11 & FL11 – steady ATEX beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC dSLB 20 – ex de 5 & 15 joule xenon ATEX beacons
- MEDC FB12 & FL12 – steady beacons ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC SM87LED – ATEX beacon ex d, weatherproof
- MEDC FB15 – steady hazardous area beacons ex d weatherproof
- MEDC XB10 – 10 & 15 Joule Xenon ATEX beacon exd(e), weatherproof
- MEDC XB16 – strobe warning light, hazardous locations, weatherproof
- MEDC XB13 – 10 Joule Xenon ATEX beacons for harsh industrial and marine environments
What Is the ATEX Directive?
ATEX is the harmonised EU legislation for controlling explosive atmospheres – the Directive describes the electrical and mechanical equipment allowed in a potentially explosive atmosphere according to the potential risk of explosion determined by the frequency of the occurrence and duration of an explosive atmosphere.
Explosive atmospheres in the workplace can be caused by flammable atmospheric gases, mists, vapours or by combustible dusts that can ignite under certain operating conditions. Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres cover a range of products, including ATEX phones and ATEX call points used on fixed offshore platforms, petrochemical plants, mines, and flour mills with Zone 1 & 2 or Zone 21 & 22 locations.
Should you require technical support to select the most efficient ATEX beacons in Zone 1 & 2 or Zone 21 & 22 hazardous areas please do not hesitate to contact us.
Explosion Protection & Proof Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment
Thorne & Derrick International, based in the UK, are stockists and suppliers of an extensive range of Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment – this includes explosion proof (Ex e) and flameproof (Ex d) products certified by ATEX for use in hazardous areas and explosive atmospheres: