Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry
Published 14 Nov 2016
Connect Production Machines, Conveyors, Motors, Pumps & packaging units
- By Chris Dodds : estimated reading time 6 minutes
Marechal plugs and sockets are waterproof, designed to withstand airborne and permanent humidity found within the food and beverage industry.
In the food and beverage industry electrical safety is critical where plant and machinery is subject to daily deep cleaning, high pressure water spray and steam cleaning.
Electrical power plugs and installations must be protected from water and dust ingress, impact shock and resist microbiological contamination in hazardous area applications.
Live Disconnect Plugs
Decontactor = Plug + Socket + Motor Load Make/Break Switch
Marechal plugs & sockets can be disconnected under full load for planned maintenance or rapid change out of equipment during plant shutdowns without need for separate isolators and associated hard-wiring.
The decontactor from Marechal is supplied with an integral load-break switch offering technical benefits including quality contact, safe disconnection under load, watertight seal (up to IP68) and power supply reliability.
Marechal plugs and sockets are designed to suit all food and beverage industry applications and are fitted with a built-in switching function called a Decontactor which allows the plug and socket to be connected and disconnected with ease, under load, and without risk of electrocution to workers.
power plug Applications
- Electrical connection of mobile pumps and water jet hoses
- Connecting conveyors, cutting machines (slicers, mincers) and local control stations
- Electrical power supply to production machines, mixers, packaging units, fans, tanks
- Silos and bulk storage vessels (eg grain stores with Zone 21/22 explosive dust atmospheres)
Marechal DSN Plugs & Sockets
The Solution to your power requirements
Marechal DSN plugs and sockets are specified throughout the food processing and production industry for low voltage power distribution with current ratings 20A-63A.
DSN plugs provide IP66/67/69 ingress protection for resistance to intensive and deep cleaning associated with pressure power washing of food hygiene areas, including CIP (Cleaning in Place).
IK08 Shock Resistant Plugs
Marechal DSN plug and sockets provide unequalled strength over time and and have an impact resistant GRP casing providing IK08 shock resistance and protection against mechanical impacts up to 5 joules, guaranteeing robust, fast and safe operation during maintenance work – compliant with the IEC EN 60309-1 standard and the European Low Voltage Directive.
DSN range of plugs and sockets are watertight, robust, resistant to chemicals and steam cleaning – ideal for all your food plant safety needs, allowing your production facilities to be as efficient as possible without risk of unplanned downtime caused by sub-standard specification plugs and sockets.
Marechal plugs and sockets are manufactured from highest quality advanced materials with excellent resistance to aggressive chemicals, cleaning solutions, saline solutions, diluted acids, hydrocarbons, mineral oils and alcoholic substances for use in highly corrosive atmospheres.
For humid & corrosive environments – steam cleaning
Silver-nickel butt contacts resist corrosion even after years of operation and the automatic socket seal resists steam cleaning, water jetting and corrosive chemicals and detergents.
Simple operation in fatty or humid environments
Even if wearing protective gloves the operator can simply press the release button to eject the plug and a quarter turn removes the now “dead” plug from its socket. For extra safety in-line connections are also switched off.
Daily shutdown and machine mobility
Acts as local isolation, padlocking available ON/OFF.
The glassfibre-reinforced (GRP) casings protect against mechanical damage up to 5 joules (IK08) and have an operating temperature of -40°C and +60°C.
ATEX Certification For Hazardous Areas
Marechal also manufacture plugs and sockets for explosive atmospheres in accordance with ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and used in Zones 1 and 2 (gas) and Zone 21 and Zone 22 (dust) including the DXN ATEX plug and sockets.
Eckes Granini, France
- Provide power to pumps (near tanks)
- Equipment of stainless steel boxes to provide machines to load/unload and prepare fruit juices
Marechal’s DSN plugs and sockets provided Eckes Granini with a robust solution for their production plant which manufactures fruit juice brands including Joker, Rea and Granini.
Due to the constant presence of moisture from the production process and high pressure cleaning, the plugs and sockets needed to be water and dust tight and protected against corrosion from chemical products and detergents, temperature variations and shocks.
- Providing power to pumps in order to mix milk and dairy by-products
- Supplying power to cleaning stations for tanks
Marechal supplied a flexible and mobile solution allowing pump maintenance and overhaul to be carried out every 6 weeks and the keying positions of the DSN3 allowed for the right connection of plugs and sockets for cleaning stations.
- Fish packing plants
- Power supply to coating and breading machines
- Power supply to production process with plugs and socket on extension cable
- Transport and storage of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Power supply to conveyors, production control and packaging machines
Molkerei Alois Muller GMBH & Co. KG, Germany
- Milk industry
- Installation and power supply to vaporizers in the storage for milk powder, electrical connections for the dairy process
Stolle Machinery, United States and Brazil
- Power supply to production process, vaporisers, testers for the production of food and beverage cans
Industrial plugs & socket-outlets
safe watertight connectors up to IP66/IP67
- DSN plugs and sockets – Compact & Watertight Decontactor 20 A / 32 A / 63 A
- DS plugs and sockets for industry from 30 A to 250 A
- MULTICONTACTS connectors from 5 to 37 contacts – 16 A to 25 A
- PNC compact connector 16 A
- DXN ATEX plugs and sockets – Compact & Watertight Decontactor from 20 A to 63 A
- Marechal EVO | The First Plug, Switch & Disconnector Combined to Provide 3-in-1 Power Connections
- Self Eject! Stay Safe From Shock With Marechal Electric Plugs
- Marechal – The Decontactor. Maximum Efficiency, Safety & Reliability For Your Power Supply
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
leaders in ATEX Innovation To The Hazardous Area Industries
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Control Panels | Plugs | Isolators | Enclosures & Junction Boxes | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Ventilation Fans | Security Access Control
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry Size: 269.26 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry – References Size: 358.18 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry – Motor Connections Size: 4.06 MB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry – Mechanical Lock-Off Size: 308.59 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Food & Beverage Industry – Decontactor Size: 470.22 KB