ASCO 221 Solenoid Valves – Pilot Valve 2 Way NC NO Brass
- Manufacturer : ASCO
- Product : Solenoid Valve
- Type : Pilot
- Series : ASCO 221
- Valve Body :Brass
- Valve Voltage : 24, 120, 240, 480 volts AC, 60 Hz (or 110, 220 volts AC, 50 Hz). 6, 12, 24, 120, 240 volts DC
- Flow Control Media : Air:Inert Gas, Water, Oil, Liquids – corrosively aggressive media
- Valve Function : Normally Open or Normally Closed 3/8 to 2-1/2 – 2 Way: 2/2
NC = Normally Closed Valve
NO = Normally Opened Valve
CSA certified (Excludes 8221G015, -035, -G035).
UL listed, General Purpose Valves.
RedHat II meets applicable CE directives
ASCO 221 SOLENOID VALVES – FEATURES
- Pilot operated, normally open or normally closed
- Snubber slows disc closing speed to protect system against water hammer damage more effectively than other techniques
- Pressure spike due to water hammer is reduced to a point eliminating the need for suppressors or other controls in most water systems
- Fluid Controls Institute Inc. evaluations have classified these valves: Pipe Sizes Class 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″ 1″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″ FCI-82-1 CC BB
Typical applications of the ASCO 221 solenoid valves include in Medical ＆ Life Science, Oil ＆ Gas, Chemical and Water and Wastewater.
ASCO 221 Solenoid Valves – Product Construction
|Valve Parts in Contact with Fluids|
|Seals||PTFE & NBR|
|Core Tube||305 Stainless Steel|
|Core and Plugnut||430F Stainless Steel|
|Springs||302 Stainless Steel|
|Piston||Stainless Steel or Brass|
ASCO 221 Solenoid Valves – Electrical Characteristics
|Standard Coil and Class of Insulation||Watt Rating and Power Consumption||Spare Coil Part No.|
|DC Watts||AC||General Purpose||Explosion proof|
|Watts||VA Holding||VA Inrush||AC||DC||AC||DC|
|F||11.6||6.1||16||30||ASCO 238210||ASCO 238710||ASCO 238214||ASCO 238714|
|F||16.8||16.1||35||95||ASCO 272610||ASCO 97617||ASCO 272614||ASCO 97617|
|F||22.6||–||–||–||ASCO –||ASCO – 238710||ASCO –||ASCO 238714|
Hazardous Area LOCATIONS Certification
ASCO 221 valves are CSA certified – available with explosion-proof solenoid enclosure and also UL listed for fire protection systems. CSA certified solenoid valve. T&D distribute the complete range of hazardous area solenoid valves manufactured by ASCO.
ASCO SOLENOID VALVES – HAZARDOUS AREA LOCATIONS, safety & standards
ASCO solenoid valves (2-way, 3-way and 4-way type including NAMUR interfaces) control the critical flow of air, gas, water, oil and steam across all industries – hazardous area solenoid valves are available for Division and Zone classifications.
Class I, Division 2 and Zone 1/Zone 2 approved solenoid valves according to ATEX, IECEx, FM, CSA and UL are available. Flameproof and explosion-proof valves can be specified for potentially explosive atmospheres where there is a presence of flammable liquids, gases or vapours.
ASCO valves improve reliability and performance of safety systems according to IEC 61508, IEC 61511 and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) – ASCO spool valves with SIL 4 capability are SAEL listed as assessed by Exida and TÜV.
➡ Did you know? T&D Exports support the global oil, gas and petrochemical industries providing a single-source supply capability of Hazardous Area Equipment across Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation ranges.