ASCO 283 Solenoid Valves – Corrosive Fluid Solenoid Valve NC NO (Spigot & Thread)
- Manufacturer : ASCO
- Product : Solenoid Valve
- Type : Corrosive Fliud
- Series : ASCO 283
- Valve Body : Spigot – PEI (polyetherimide) Threaded – 1/4: PEI (polyetherimide) 1/2: PPS (polyphenylene sulphide)
- Valve Voltage : DC (=) : 12V – 24V (Other voltages and 60 Hz on request) AC (~) : 24V – 115V – 230V / 50 Hz
- Flow Control Media : Air:Inert Gas, Water, Oil, Liquids – corrosively aggressive media
- Valve Function : Normally Closed, Normally Open – M5, G 1/8, G 1/4 – 2 Way: 2/2
NC = Normally Closed Valve
NO = Normally Opened Valve
ASCO 283 SOLENOID VALVES – FEATURES
- Ideal solenoid valves to control corrosive fluids
- The 283 solenoid valves satisfy all relevant EC directives
- Available adjustable flow restrictor incorporated into valve body (range10% to 100% flow)
- Capable of handling a variety of media with several body and diaphragm material options
Typical applications of the ASCO 283 solenoid valves include in medical analyzers, biotechnology, and the chemical industry.
ASCO 283 Solenoid Valves – Product Construction
|Valve Parts in Contact with Fluids|
|Body||Spigot – PEI (polyetherimide) Threaded – 1/4: PEI (polyetherimide) 1/2: PPS (polyphenylene sulphide)|
|Poppet seal||VMQ, EPDM or FPM|
ASCO 283 Solenoid Valves – Electrical Characteristics
|Coil insulation class||12, 24 VDC +10%, -5%|
|Connector||4, 9, 13 Watts|
|with coil 6W/6W (BMX)||Class F|
|with coil 8W/9W (AMX)||14˚F to 140˚F (-10˚C to 60˚C)|
|Electrical safety||DIN Spade Terminals|
|Electrical enclosure protection||Moulded IP65 (EN 60529)|
|Standard voltages||DC (=) : 12V – 24V (Other voltages and 60 Hz on request) AC (~) : 24V – 115V – 230V / 50 Hz|
ASCO SOLENOID VALVES – HAZARDOUS AREA LOCATIONS, safety & standards
ASCO solenoid valves (2-way, 3-way and 4-way type including NAMUR interfaces) control the critical flow of air, gas, water, oil and steam across all industries – hazardous area solenoid valves are available for Division and Zone classifications.
Class I, Division 2 and Zone 1/Zone 2 approved solenoid valves according to ATEX, IECEx, FM, CSA and UL are available. Flameproof and explosion-proof valves can be specified for potentially explosive atmospheres where there is a presence of flammable liquids, gases or vapours.
ASCO valves improve reliability and performance of safety systems according to IEC 61508, IEC 61511 and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) – ASCO spool valves with SIL 4 capability are SAEL listed as assessed by Exida and TÜV.
➡ Did you know? T&D Exports support the global oil, gas and petrochemical industries providing a single-source supply capability of Hazardous Area Equipment across Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation ranges.